This week’s movie: Hercules
This movie is just jam packed full of look-alikes.
1. A Nicole Kidman
2. A Kimberly Williams Paisley
3. The guy from Lost WITHOUT the guyliner
4. Fluffy! Remember Fluffy from HARRY Potter?
6. A fairly convincing Angelina Jolie (Hercules’ kids’ mother)
7. A guy who looks like Dwayne Johnson, but without the ability to act
Okay, honestly. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of The Rock, but this movie is a HUGE let down to his fans. I’m not sure if he just didn’t care, or if he thought the character didn’t, but this is some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen him do.
I’ve read a bit on Greek myths, so I had a TINY bit of information going into the movie. While I appreciate the whole effort of trying to show us a new chapter in the book of Hercules, I would have rathered the twelve-trials version, maybe with a bit of this thrown in at the end.
Even though The Rock does take his shirt off multiple times, the story just isn’t there.
If you enjoy action movies with very little plot, you will probably love this movie. There are so many battle scenes they all blend in to one after a while. It’s gory, and doesn’t hold back, but come on guys, the animals too? If you can’t handle animal abuse, I’d sit this one out.
Also, it may be just me, but when he put on the lion coat and got his club, this was all I could think of:
Moving on to the food:
1. Coconut chicken strips: these are actually very good, and although I didn’t have the mango sauce to go with them (my mango spoiled before I used it), I’d have to say they are some of the best chicken strips I’ve ever had. I thought the coconut might throw me off a bit, the it just adds a nice sweet crunch to the chicken!
2. Indonesian Bubur SumSum: this dish is a porridge made with rice flour, coconut milk, and Palm sugar. This is the second dish I’ve made with rice flour, and I have to say they are very similar. (The other being the Hong Kong dish) I’m not a huge fan of the rice flour. It has a strong, yet bland taste, if that makes sense. I feel like these dishes are just throwing other tastes on top of it, trying to make it taste good, but it doesn’t deliver. Overall, not BAD, but not one to make again.
Thanks for reading!